I had the privilege of attending the Kara Goucher Podium Retreat in Boulder. If you ever wondered if the hype is real, I'm here to shed some light.
1. The key to doing a track workout with an Olympian in altitude when you live at sea level is to have an amazing backdrop of fall leaves and mountain ranges to be distracted by.
2. You think foam rolling is amazing until you learn how to do it the right way.
3. Group therapy lead by inspiring women can be the most cathartic moments of your life and lead to brave new goals.
4. If you think LA is the place for random celebrity sightings, then you haven’t been to Boulder. You never know who will show up to a morning run…I’m talking to you Emma Coburn.
5. You will start repeating “scoop” or #titsup at the most random times, including standing on the train, sitting at your desk and especially when doing Pilates.
6. Food when cooked with love can be beautiful, nutritious and incredibly delicious.
7. It doesn’t matter if you are a 23 year old chef taking a leap of faith with your life, a mom struggling to regain your identity or a masters runner wondering WTF is going on with your body there is a tribe of amazing women out there that will support you through your journey.
8. You will make friendships that you never knew you wanted, yet can’t imagine your life without.
9. Colt is the real MVP of #KGPR2017
10. The Gouchers aren’t just there for the photo ops. They are the most humble, honest, open, beautiful souls that you will ever have the opportunity to meet. They genuinely want to engage with you, listen to and remember your story, and will leave you with a renewed love for life.
The verdict..my life has been forever changed by this retreat. My heart, my mind and my body is so full. I can't wait to use the knowledge I gained this week to put plans in place for my future. Stay tuned....spicy things are coming...
Photo cred: Jess Barnard